London, England

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

At several points today, I was not sure that I was going to make it home.   We missed the train because the screens in the station said delayed when it wasn't and it wasn't displaying the platform number so we didn't know which turnstiles to enter.  The flight out of Gatwick was overbooked.  It took an hour to get our bags from the international flight and then we had to go through customs, recheck the baggage, and go through security again.  But, after a healthy jog through the Atlanta airport, we (at that point, Jen and I)got to the plane about 10 minutes prior to the doors closing.

And, I made it!



It’s only been 3 weeks.  My family talks like it has been MONTHS.  But all is well.   And, a trip like this does make you appreciate things a little more and often it’s the little things.  So, aside from people and pets, what did I miss?
1.       Moe’s
2.       My own bathroom
3.       Free toilets everywhere
4.       The beach
5.       Drink refills
6.       Free water at restaurants
7.       Inexpensive movies
And what will I miss about London, aside from the people?
1.       The shows
2.       Car-free transportation
3.       Free museums
4.       Easy meals from Sainsbury
5.       The fruit (it’s super-fresh)
6.       The street life – there’s always something going on at Covent Garden or Piccadilly Circus
7.       Tax (UK sales tax) is built into the price, so you pay, what it is marked
Finally, what did I get from this trip?  What did I learn?  What has been reinforced?
1.       How to use Web 2.0 technologies
2.       That I can write to an audience
3.       Podcasting isn’t scary
4.       Video is fun
5.       Multiple audio tracks is easy with Audacity
6.       After  11 years of being constantly with my children, I can still do alone
7.       I’m pretty confident about being me, no matter the circumstances
8.       Most people just want to get along and do what needs to be done and want acceptance and have fears and dreams and we’re all the same that way
9.       People everywhere like M&Ms.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Theresa, congrats on all of your Endeavours, when I grow up I want to be just like you. :) cheers this post was great!

    ReplyDelete